WITH THE ON-Q* PAIN RELIEF SYSTEM, PATIENTS:
- Went home an average of 1.1 days sooner1–4
- Reported up to 69% lower pain scores5–6
- Were up to 3x as likely to report high satisfaction scores4,7–8
- Are more likely to experience better pain management with fewer side effects1,7,9
WITH ON-Q*, CLINICIANS MAY REDUCE:
- Postoperative pain and nausea1,9
- Recovery time1-4
- Risk of infection10-13–pumps are single use, one pump per patient
- Unplanned hospital admissions following outpatient procedures14,15
Game Ready® offers innovative, multi-modality recovery systems that help people finish strong and get back to what matters as quickly as possible after injury or surgery.
With Game Ready, proven clinical benefits help patients meet multi-modal recovery goals:
- Reduces patient opioid consumption and may allow for earlier discontinuation of opioid medications in certain patients 1,3,4,6,7
- May increase patient satisfaction with the recovery process 1,2,5
- Increased post-operative range of motion in ACL patients 4
- Decreases pain 1,5,8,9
- Lower postoperative blood loss 8
- May lead to early hospital discharge [shorter length of stay] in some patients. 5,7
Perform Continuous Peripheral Nerve Blocks in a Single Shot
WHEN YOU PRESCRIBE OPIOIDS, MORE THAN ONE LIFE IS AT RISK
Every Day Counts
BioQ Pharma Announces Partnership with Avanos Medical
The Truth Shouldn’t Hurt
Highlights from ACOG’s Guidelines — Treating Pain after C-section
Acute vs. Chronic Pain, and how to treat them differently
Pre-Filling for your ON-Q* Pumps
- Forastiere E, Sofra M, Giannarelli D, Fabrizi L, Simone G. Effectiveness of continuous wound infusion of 0.5% ropivacaine by ON-Q Pain Relief System for postoperative pain management after open nephrectomy. Br J Anaesth. 2008;101(6):841-847.
- White PF, Rawal S, Latham P, et al. Use of a continuous local anesthetic infusion for pain management after median sternotomy. Anesthesiology. 2003;99(4):918-923.
- Dowling R, Thielmeier K, Ghaly A, Barber D, Boice T, Dine A. Improved pain control after cardiac surgery: results of a randomized, double-blind, clinical trial. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2003;126(5):1271-1278.
- Liu SS, Richman JM, Thirlby RC, Wu CL. Efficacy of continuous wound catheters delivering local anesthetic for postoperative analgesia: a quantitative and qualitative systematic review of randomized controlled trials. J Am Coll Surg. 2006;203(6):914-932.
- Sherwinter DA, Ghaznavi AM, Spinner D, Savel RH, Macura JM, Adler H. Continuous infusion of interperitoneal bupivicaine after laparoscopic surgery: a randomized controlled trial. Obes Surg. 2008;18(12):1581-1586.
- Klein SM, Grant SA, Greengrass RA, et al. Interscalene brachial plexus block with a continuous catheter insertion system and a disposable infusion pump. Anesth Analg. 2000;91(6):1473-1478.
- Beaussier M, El’Ayoubi H, Schiffer E, et al. Continuous preperitoneal infusion of ropivacaine provides effective analgesia and accelerates recovery after colorectal surgery. Anesthesiology. 2007;107(3):461-468.
- Heller L, Kowalski AM, Wei C, Butler CE. Prospective, randomized, double-blind trial of local anesthetic infusion and intravenous narcotic patient-controlled anesthesia pump for pain management after free TRAM flap breast reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008;122(4):1010-1018.
- Cansler V, B2B Team. Patient Pain Survey/GMR&A Summary. Study: 26199. July 13, 2012.
- McCaughey, Betsy. Unnecessary Deaths: The Human and Financial Costs of Hospital Infections. www.hospitalinfection.org p. 6.
- Falk, P et al. Outbreak of vancomycin-resistant enterococci in a burn unit. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 2000;21:575-582.
- Rothwell et al. Bacterial contamination of PCA and epidural infusion devices. Anaesthesia 2009;64:751-753.
- Wang, J et al. Morphine impairs host innate immune response and increases susceptibility to streptococcus pneumonie lung infection. The Journal of Immunology 2005;174:426-434.
- Capdevila X, Dadure C. Perioperative management for one day hospital admission: regional anesthesia is better than general anesthesia. Acta Anaesth Belg. 2004;55(suppl):1-4.
- Gold BS, et al. Unanticipated Admission to the Hospital following Ambulatory Surgery, JAMA 1989: 262 (21):3008-10.
- Data on file.
- Zimberg, S. Reducing pain and costs with innovative postoperative pain management. Managed Care Quarterly. 2003; II (I):34-6.
GAME READY® REFERENCES:
- Su EP, Perna M, Boettner F, Mayman DJ, Gerlinger T, Barsoum W, Randolph J, Lee G. A prospective, multi-center randomized trial to evaluate the efficacy of a cryopneumatic device on total knee arthroplasty recovery. J Bone & Joint Surg. November 2012. 94-B;SuppA:153-6.
- Leegwater NC, Jore HW, Brohet R, Nolte P. Cryocompression therapy after elective arthoplasty of the hip. Hip Int. 2012;22(05):527-533.
- Waterman W, Walker JJ, Swains C, Shortt M, Todd MD, Machen SM, Owens BD. (2012). The efficacy of combined cryotherapy and compression compared with cryotherapy alone following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. J Knee Surg. 2012;25(02): 155-160.
- Murgier J, Cassard X.Cryotherapy with dynamic intermittent compression for analgesia after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Preliminary study. Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2014;100(3):309-312.
- Klaber I, Greeff E, O’Donnell J. Compressive cryotherapy is superior to cryotherapy alone in reducing pain after hip arthroscopy. Journal of Hip Preservation Surgery. 2019; 0(0):1-6.
- Nabıyev V. N., Ayhan S., Adhıkarı P., Cetın E., Palaoglu S., Acaroglu R. E. Cryo-compression therapy after elective spinal surgery for pain management: a cross-sectional study with historical control. Neurospine. 2018;15(4):348-352.
- Bellon M.,· Michelet D., Carrara N.,Vacher T., Gafsou B., Ilhareborde B., Mazda K., Ferrero E., Simon A.-L., Julien Marsollier F., Dahmani S. Efficacy of the Game Ready® cooling device on postoperative analgesia after scoliosis surgery in children. European Spine Journal. 2019; 28:1257–1264.
- Murgier, Jérôme, Cailliez, J., Wargny, M., Chiron, P., Cavaignac, E., Laffosse, J.M. Cryotherapy With Dynamic Intermittent Compression Improves Recovery From Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty. The Journal of Arthroplasty. 2017. 9. As with all RICE applications.