“Although severe knee osteoarthritis with refractory pain is commonly treated surgically, this is often not an option for patients with poor health status or unwillingness to undergo major surgery.”4
Fortunately, the same revolutionary COOLIEF* Cooled RF Pain Management System with documented pain relief in segments of the spine is now available to target other origins of chronic pain.
COOLIEF* Knee Cooled Radiofrequency for Genicular Neurotomy
Chronic knee osteoarthritis (OA) is one of the most common diseases of advanced age. With up to 20 million adults in the US suffering from OA of the knee¹, close to 700,000 cases progress to total knee joint replacement.² However, there exists a large demographic of chronic joint pain patients who are not candidates for invasive procedures due to BMI, age and other comorbidities. Alternative therapies such (as) arthroscopic debridement or injections are associated with less than optimal clinical outcomes.
COOLIEF* Cooled RF:
- Clinical studies of cooled RF addressing other sources of pain have demonstrated over 20 months of pain relief and improved physical function³
- Is designed to treat complex anatomy of variable nerve courses through the creation of large volume, spherical lesions
- Potentially reduces the amount of time and fluoroscopic exposure through straightforward, familiar placement techniques
Non-Surgical. Minimally-Invasive. Non-Narcotic.
COOLIEF* Cooled RF is a non-surgical, minimally-invasive, non-narcotic solution for genicular neurotomy. Because it can be performed in an outpatient setting, patients have the potential to return to an enhanced quality of life much sooner than with surgery — and with a reduced need for narcotics.³
Studies show that when COOLIEF* Cooled RF is performed on other joints:
- Physical function is significantly improved³
- Pain and disability are decreased³
- Drug utilization is reduced³