Introducing Your Chronic Pain Patients to COOLIEF*
Ninety-one people die each day from opioid overdose, and it has claimed more than 500,000 lives between 2000 and 2015, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.1
The subjective nature of pain makes it difficult to completely control, and narcotic treatment options have led to the opioid crisis; this has prompted healthcare professionals and researchers to find alternate treatment options.2 In Promising Alternative to Opioids, Dr. Antonia Chen and Dr. David Lindley, provide insight into the nature of pain management and lesser-known solutions including COOLIEF* Cooled RF. Dr. Chen and Dr. Lindley discuss:
- The opioid epidemic
- Alternative pain management solutions and their risks
- Evaluation and benefits of cooled RF
- How to adopt the COOLIEF* procedure into your practice
1. Drug overdose deaths in the United States continue to increase in 2015. Click Here
2. Relieving Pain in America: A Blueprint for Transforming Prevention, Care, Education, and Research: Introduction. Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Advancing Pain Research, Care, and Education.Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 2011. Click Here.
There are inherent risks in all medical devices. For more detail on indications, cautions, warnings and contraindications, click here.